Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 12, 2014

16 Week Check Up

I had my 16 week check up last Wednesday. Everything is moving right along as expected and the baby appears to be doing well. The doctor was able to find the baby right away with the Doppler and even said that we had a cooperative baby. Imagine that! The heart rate was 145 bpm which is right where Bonnie was at this point. We also went ahead and scheduled the c-section for September 12th. I've been debating whether or not to plan on another c-section but after reading the statistics on uterine rupture after a previous cesarean and taking into consideration my desire not to die, I thought it would be in everyone's best interest to plan on a c-section. I'm just glad the baby won't be born on September 11th!

I'm still feeling pretty nauseous most of the time. I've been (mostly) able to control it with medication, ginger ale and fruit. Also, I've been feeling the baby squirm around a lot more in the past couple of weeks, which is both weird and reassuring at the same time.

Our next appointment is the 20 week anatomy scan on April 28th. This is the scan when you can tell the gender if you want to know. We've been trying to decide whether or not we are going to find out with this baby. There are so many pluses and minuses on both sides of the argument that it is impossible to make a decision! On one hand it would be nice to know ahead of time to decorate the baby's room but on the other hand not finding out until Bonnie was born was such an amazing and special moment for Matt and I that it's hard to forego that with this baby. We have about two weeks to make a decision but I have a feeling the ultimate decision won't happen until we're on our way to the appointment!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment