Molly had her 2 week check-up last week and everything was great. She is continuing to gain weight and there were no other concerns. She's still sleeping pretty well at night, giving me 3-4 hours between feedings. Molly is 100% a mommy's girl and is not a fan of anyone else holding her, especially Matt. This certainly makes life a little more challenging but we are working through it.
Adjusting to life as a family of four has certainly had its difficult moments. It's especially fun when both of the girls are crying at the same time! Matt had to go into work yesterday morning so I had both of the girls for a few hours. It started off well with Bonnie and I taking a shower while Molly slept. Things then took a turn for the worse when I forced Bonnie to get out of the shower because Molly woke up screaming and hungry. Bonnie spent 10 minutes in the shower naked, crying and screaming that she was cold but of course refusing to get out of the shower. I finally got her out and took Molly downstairs to feed her. Bonnie eventually came downstairs, having gotten herself dried off and dressed. I got out the Cheerios and the milk and she made herself breakfast all by herself while I fed Molly. It was amazing and I commended myself on the 3 year age gap between the girls because clearly "Bonnie is so independent and such a big help around the house!" Bonnie finished eating her Cheerios and then said she was going upstairs to play. How awesome! After about 10 minutes Bonnie asked me to come see what she had done. This is what I found.
In case you can't tell in the picture she has dumped out Cheerios all over the floor and filled up her cup with Cheerios. Then she had apparently gotten out the mop in an attempt to "clean up" and used milk as floor cleaner. I of course didn't realize she had soaked the mop in milk until I finished mopping the floor, which was now covered in a pretty disgusting mix of milk and actual floor cleaner.
As if this wasn't bad enough I found her sitting on the stairs where she had taken every pair of her underwear and lined them up to make an "underwear train." Before I could get a picture she had started to make me a "birthday cake" out of underwear and socks. Good times!



No comments:
Post a Comment