Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

January 2, 2010

Matt Turns 30!!

Thursday was Matt's 30th birthday. Such a momentous occasion called for a week long celebration. Last Saturday started the celebration with dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Denver followed by tickets to the Colorado Avalanche game.

Matt had never been to a professional hockey game so I surprised him with tickets 10 rows behind the ice next to the penalty box. They were playing the Dallas Stars - who knew Dallas could support a NHL team??

McLeod #55 for the Avs - maybe a distant cousin on the Loud side??



The Avs played a great game and ended up pulling out a 4-1 win. The game was so much fun. So much in fact we are thinking about going to another game this season.

On Thursday I took Matt out to Rock Bottom Brewery. Friday came the biggest surprise of all. After dinner at a restaurant in Erie, I completely surprised Matt with a night of BINGO. In this picture we had just arrived at the BINGO hall and Matt finally realized we were playing BINGO.

The BINGO hall was really nice but we didn't win anything. We were definitely at the winning table because two people won but as close we got to anything was 2 numbers away. Despite not winning it was a fun night.

Some other interesting things going on in Erie this past week...

Thursday morning before work I took the dogs out and saw this. Kind of made me feel like I was on a different planet.
And then this afternoon Matt went out to grab lunch and noticed a bald eagle in a tree. He came back and we grabbed the camera. Not everyday you see a bald eagle! Needless to say we've been keeping an extra eye on Daisy when she's outside in the backyard so she doesn't become a snack for some bald eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment