We set out on the hunt for letters and began at a local thrift store. As we were wandering around we found this record which just seemed appropriate for so many reasons but particularly for the letter "o."
Well, it would seem that my idea of what the alphabet wall should look like and what Matt's idea was somewhat different. In true marital fashion we compromised (A LOT) and this is what we came up with. Instead of the majority of letters being non-letters, we were able to compromise on 2 - the "l" and the "o." Although painting wasn't in the original plan for either of us, it turns out that it was the best choice we made as we were able to match the paint colors to the nursery colors. Overall, we are really happy with the outcome and hope Baby Morrison appreciates all the work that went into this wall (yeah, right!).
Other parts of the nursery are also starting to come together. We bought and put up a curtain, ordered a rug, and hung the comforter on the wall for added decoration.
In other baby news, we had our 28 week appointment last week. I had to retake the gestational diabetes test - a special treat for chubby girls. I also had blood drawn and got my Rh shot. By the end of the appointment I had been poked and prodded more than I cared to be. Good news is that I still don't have diabetes (whew!) but my iron levels came back a little low, like 0.1 low, so I've been ordered to eat more iron rich food. As usual, Baby wasn't too keen on getting poked with the Doppler but was much more cooperative than previously, probably because it has less and less room to run away! The heartbeat was 144 bpm so Baby continues to be happy and content in there.

No comments:
Post a Comment