We took Bonnie to see her very first kids movie at the movie theater last Saturday. We had heard good things about Frozen so decided to give it a try.
Matt was working that morning so Bonnie and I just hung out. After lunch we went and tried to take a nap together, which didn't go well. She was apparently not very tired because she tossed and turned and kicked and jumped all over the place. After about an hour I gave up and started to get ready for the movie. I jumped in the shower and hadn't been in more than a minute when Bonnie said she needed to go potty. I raced out only to find out what she really meant was "I just peed on the floor." Great! I got her cleaned up and hopped back in the shower figuring she could behave for the next 10 minutes. Yeah, right! I was drying off when Bonnie ran over to me saying "Mommy, I made bubbles!" I walked over to where she had been and noticed that 2 almost full bottles of shampoo had been dumped out all over the bedroom and herself. I asked her why she did that and she looked up at me and said "Mommy, I need a bath." Ya think!
Long story short, we actually made it to the movie on time and Bonnie loved it. She laughed, she cried, she was scared, she was happy. Her range of emotions was quite impressive! Now all she wants to watch are clips of the movie on YouTube. She thinks the snowman, Olaf, and the reindeer are hilarious and talks about them everyday. Apart from the rocky start, Bonnie's first movie experience was a success!

No comments:
Post a Comment