We got our first experience with a Montessori sized cold this past week and it wasn't pretty. Bonnie woke up from her nap on Wednesday with a temperature and a cough. I went and picked her up early and we took it easy that night. The next day I kept her home from school since she still had a temperature but she seemed to be getting better. On Friday she seemed almost back to normal but then the fever came back with a vengeance on Saturday and Sunday. She had a rough couple of nights but then finally was able to sleep well. Mostly she just caught cat naps on whoever and whenever the mood struck her.
I started to not feel well on Sunday evening but really it's hard to tell if its pregnancy or illness. It wasn't until Monday morning when I woke up that I knew for sure I had whatever Bonnie had and it was terrible. I had chills, fever, aches, headache - the whole shebang. Matt had to come home from work early Monday to watch Bonnie so I could rest. Luckily it was a fast moving virus and by Tuesday morning I felt much better.
Because of her cold Bonnie's first official full week of Montessori was cut short. However, she has been doing great! Her teacher has called me to tell me how amazed she is at how easily Bonnie transitioned and got right into the Montessori routine. I can tell you that I have noticed that she is so much happier when I pick her up than she ever was at daycare. Everyday she runs up to me, gives me a big hug and says "I'm so happy to see you, Mommy!" Such an improvement!


No comments:
Post a Comment