It's crazy how time flies by, but we are officially in the third trimester with this pregnancy! Perhaps time has flown by so quickly because I feel pretty good most days or because I'm chasing around a 2 year old. Either way, we're that much closer to meeting our new little girl.
This baby is really a mover and a shaker, literally. She kicks and punches all day (and night long). It even feels like she shivers in there, even though I read it's an involuntary muscle spasm. I've been able to eat whatever I want without too much complaining from her. I think she's going to have a lot of hair though because I've been getting heartburn several times a day. We have our 28-week check up on Thursday with my doctor so hopefully it all goes well. I think I'm done with the gestational diabetes testing (which I passed!) but now I have to start getting tested for pre-eclampsia. I've had absolutely no swelling and my blood pressure has been great so far so maybe I will by-pass the whole pre-eclampsia thing this go around.
We've been doing some work on the new baby's (and Bonnie's) room over the past few weeks. It's still a work in progress so we will post pictures of at least Bonnie's new room soon. Speaking of Bonnie, she seems to be getting really excited for Baby Sister. She pulls up my shirt often to talk and kiss Baby Sister. The other night she shoved her glass of milk at my belly saying she was giving Baby Sister something to drink. We've started to talk with her (or rather warn her) that Baby Sister will be using some of her toys and clothes. She wasn't too excited about it at first but seems to have warmed up to the idea, at least for some of her toys.

No comments:
Post a Comment