Well, week 2 of unemployment is reaching its close. I'm still feeling fairly confident but can feel disappointment, self-doubt, and depression looming right around the corner. Yesterday Matt suggested (with all seriousness) that I apply for a job at Target and you can imagine what kind of reaction that created. I have noticed some positives and negatives of being unemployed.
Positives:
1. I get to sleep in everyday
2. Showering is optional
3. I get to watch whatever I want on tv
4. My PJs have become my everyday attire
5. I get to read Twilight every night
6. The apartment is as clean as it's ever been
Negatives:
1. Showering is optional
2. Planning for and going to the grocery store has become the most exciting event in my life
3. I'm so bored that I find myself cleaning the entire apartment 2-3 times a week
4. Waiting for someone to call me in for an interview
5. Watching the bank account go into negatives for the first time in 5 years
6. Having "grown-up" money fights with Matt
Let's hope that next week brings at least some interest from the working world!

No comments:
Post a Comment