Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

June 26, 2009

Week 3 of Unemployment

Week 3 of unemployment is over. It's been a somewhat productive week though. I got a call on Monday morning for an interview as a Volunteer Coordinator with a nonprofit in Longmont. The interview went well but I was not asked back for a second interview because of my "lack of experience working with seniors and in nonprofits." Oh well, it was good practice! I think just the fact that I was asked to come in for an interview lifted my job searching spirits a little. I've begun noticing that my left eye has been twitching all week (a clear cut sign that I'm feeling the stress!). I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on and hopefully a decent job will present itself next week.

Matt has finished week 4 of his Bar exam review class. I'm incredibly surprised at how hard he's been working and how dedicated he's been over the last few weeks. It's incredibly difficult to go to a review class for 3 hours a day only to come home and study for an additional 10 hours and then get up and do it all over again the next day. Overall, he's kept his stress level down but it does creep out occasionally (e.g. last week when he was studying Contracts). Earlier this week I walked past his room only to find the dogs helping him "study" for the Bar. It was too cute!

Tomorrow Matt has to go in for an all day practice Bar exam. It is just the multiple choice section but will give Matt a good idea what areas he needs to concentrate on in the next 4 weeks. His final grades came out yesterday and he ended up #10 out of 160 students. Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment