Last night was AWESOME! Red Rocks is honestly the best place I've ever seen a concert. The only negative part about it is that you have to climb a mountain to get from where you park to the Amphitheater and then when you get there you have to climb about 1000 stairs to your seat. But the view is amazing once you finally get to your seat! Not only can you see a gorgeous mountain scene but you also get awesome views of Denver - very cool at night all lit up.

Heart was the opening band for Journey but Matt and I both agreed Heart was much better. Ann Wilson still sounds amazing and Nancy can still rock out with the best of 'em. They played all their greats. Our favorites were Straight On, Crazy On You, Magic Man, and of course Alone, which I caught Matt singing along to but don't tell him I told you so. Overall, we gave Heart a rating of 8.1 - pretty good if you ask me!
Although Journey is not the same without lead singer Steve Perry, their current lead singer - found on YouTube - is amazing. He sounds so much like Steve Perry it's scary. They played a lot of new stuff but still managed to cover all the songs I wanted to hear. Don't Stop Believing and Open Arms were our favorites. Overall, we gave Journey a rating of 6.35.



No comments:
Post a Comment