Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

November 3, 2009

Closing

We are officially and legally homeowners! We closed on the house yesterday and got the key but don't get possession of the house until Thursday at noon. All the loan stuff ended up getting worked out in the end so everything went smoothly at closing.

The actual closing only took about 45 minutes. I think I only caught about 30% of what was explained to us but that didn't stop me from signing my life away! We got to meet the current owners and they seemed really nice so we feel even better about the whole process.

Sunday we got to go see the house again and did a final walk-through. It was nice to be able to get to see what we were about to spend all our money on! Matt hadn't seen the house since we put in an offer on it in August. There wasn't much we asked them to fix so we spent most of the time walking around and trying to decide about paint colors.

We're still working hard to get the apartment cleaned up in time to move on Saturday. So hard in fact I've decided the thought of cleaning the new house is sounding like torture. I found a local maid service that was nice enough to come and do a move-in cleaning of the house. I'm super excited about being able to move in and not have to clean the window sills or wipe down the baseboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment