Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 26, 2011

Medical Intervention

So, I officially reached my limit with morning sickness yesterday. After striking out with all of the other non-medical treatments, I decided it was time for some good 'ol fashioned medical intervention. Since the vomiting has been so bad lately the doctor's office made an emergency appointment for me to come in so they could check my fluid levels.

Turns out I have extreme morning sickness - aren't I lucky?!? Good news was that I wasn't as dehydrated as I thought I was and didn't need fluids. Bad news was that I had lost some weight, which at any other point in my life would be great but at 12 weeks pregnant is not such a great thing. I was prescribed Zofran, which so far has been a miracle pill. Keep your fingers crossed that my prescription continues to work and lasts until the morning sickness stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment