Week 11's morning sickness started off really bad and only got worse. For two days straight I wasn't able to keep down any food or liquids for more than 30 minutes and things didn't seem to be getting any better (despite what all the books and websites said!). My mom finally convinced me to seek medical intervention - even though I am highly against most medical interventions - so I called the nurse's hotline for my insurance. They told me they weren't going to prescribe me any medication, which at this point almost made me cry since things had progressed to the point of altering my life so severely I would have taken anything. The nurse did however tell me to try taking Vitamin B6 along with Unisom and look into buying Sea-Bands. Reluctantly, I went to Walgreen's and purchased all of the supplies. As soon as I got home I put on the Sea-Bands and instantly (no joke!) felt better. I took the B6 minus the Unisom (I told you I don't trust most medical interventions) last night and this morning and along with wearing the Sea-Bands today has been my first puke-free day in almost 4 weeks. It's a miracle!
The best thing about Sea-Bands (besides the instant nausea relief) is that its totally medicine free! I don't know why this product isn't passed out at every prenatal appointment - actually I do since we're talking about the medical profession - but I highly recommend it for anyone who is pregnant or has any sort of motion sickness. It really works!
No comments:
Post a Comment