Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

October 27, 2012

But Mom, Mittens are Lame

We had our first snow storm last week, which means we got to try out Bonnie's new winter gear. Bonnie wasn't sure what to think about the mittens and kept looking at her hands not really sure what the mittens were and where her hands had gone.

Intrigue of the mittens quickly turned into dislike of the mittens. On the way home Thursday she took her mittens off and threw them across the car. I don't blame her - mittens are lame. I don't know if they make gloves for babies but I think we are going to have to look into it.

Lately Bonnie's favorite thing to do is to put her hands in her hair during dinner which pretty quickly turns into a very messy head. It's kind of my fault because the first time she did I thought it was hilarious and laughed at her which just encouraged her to keep doing it. After a few more days of the same thing I figured I better stop encouraging her so when she would start doing it I would try to ignore her and look away. Turns out that wasn't a big enough deterrent. Honestly it's really hard not to laugh when she does it so I've given up trying. The picture below is what we end up with almost nightly.

In addition to putting large quantities of food into her hair, Bonnie has discovered how much fun climbing can truly be.

What a handful this child is turning out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment