Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

December 6, 2012

Transitions

We have been going through two major transitions over the past couple of weeks.

1. We have been working hard (really really hard) to transition Bonnie from formula to rice milk. She has resisted every technique we could think of or read about. I've been really insistent that Bonnie not drink regular milk but instead drink only rice or almond milk. I decided that I was going to make this transition, although hard at times, over Thanksgiving weekend. Bonnie and I had a whole 4 1/2 days off so it seemed like the perfect time. Long story short she was not into it. I even broke down and bought regular milk which she thought was gross. I tried mixing baby drinkable yogurt in with the rice milk. She thought that was ok for a couple of days but the yogurt is made with whole milk which really did a number on her tummy, so that was out. By accident we tried chocolate milk which she LOVED. No big surprise there! Well, the daycare wasn't too enthused about giving her chocolate milk, even though I explained that it actually has half the sugar that drinkable yogurt does. So, after all that work and progress we had to start back at square one last week. Bonnie's teacher is a miracle worker because now she loves rice milk and thinks formula is disgusting, which it is! I don't know what I would do without that daycare because they have managed to do what I thought was impossible. That brings us to transition #2.

2. Last Friday afternoon when I picked Bonnie up from school her teacher told me that Bonnie was going to be transitioned into the toddler room. It's both exciting and sad at the same time. It will be great for Bonnie to be with other kids her age and get to do more "big girl" activities but I really love her teacher and am going to miss her! On Tuesday Bonnie spent from 9-11 in her new room. Matt and I went to talk to her new teacher after school and she said Bonnie did great her first day. She even said that she was too interested in playing with all the toys that she refused to have her morning snack! Wednesday she spent from 9-12 in her new room and today and tomorrow from 9-3. The toddler room has kids aged 1-2 years old. They have all the kids sleeping on cot-like beds with no sides too. I was a little nervous that Bonnie would have some trouble with that but apparently today she did a great job and took a nice long nap in her new room. I think the hardest thing so far has been the transition from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day but I'm sure she will be into her new routine in no time. Since this week has gone so well everyone feels comfortable moving Bonnie into her new room full time starting on Monday. It's very exciting for her!

 

Bonnie continues to love dancing. She dances to all kinds of music and has started adding in some new moves lately. She's been working hard over the last month to get jumping down and she can do very small jumps now without falling down. Just last week she started stomping her feet which is really cute.

 

We finally got a company to design and install cabinets and shelves in our cubby downstairs. We honestly couldn't be happier with the result. Bonnie has her own drawer which she can easily open and close and holds all her toys. We decided to give her a shelf for all her books too which makes it much easier for her to find the book she wants. Amazingly she is able to find and bring whatever book we ask her to bring us!

 

We've been working on learning the names of body parts. Right now she knows and can correctly point to her: nose, ear, eye, belly, toe, head and elbow. It's really amazing how much she understands!

The best thing Bonnie has started doing this week is blowing kisses. I've tried to get her on video doing it but of course she stops when I bring out the camera. We'll keep trying because it is too cute!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment