We had our 16 week doctor's appointment on Friday. There isn't much to tell other than baby is still very active. The Nurse Practitioner had some trouble catching our little one but once she did we got a good listen to the heartbeat. It sounded good and was strong at 146 bpm. I also had to do a glucose screen for gestational diabetes. The glucola drink was absolutely disgusting but all in all it turns out I don't have diabetes, which is great news.
The weird news from my doctor's appointment is that I'm actually losing weight instead of gaining. I weigh less now than I did before getting pregnant. I don't have any good excuse for the weight loss as I've been eating more food and not been nearly as sick as I was. Turns out pregnancy is the best weight loss program I've ever tried without even trying. It's really been a weird sensation to lose weight but not be able to fit into any of my clothes. My mission now is to bulk up starting immediately!

No comments:
Post a Comment