Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

June 29, 2011

Baby's First Closeup

We had the anatomy ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked normal and baby seemed very content. The heartbeat was 142bpm which hasn't changed much from last doctor's visit and apparently baby weighs 15oz already. We didn't want to find out baby's sex and apparently baby didn't want us to know either. The Sonographer said that baby's legs were crossed most of the time so we wouldn't have been able to tell even if we wanted to. I don't know about you but if you look at the 3rd picture down it doesn't look like baby's legs are crossed but what do I know - I thought the zoomed in shot of the heart was baby's face!









Lately I've had a lot of irrational fears about baby so it was nice to have most of those fears answered through the ultrasound. For instance, I've been concerned that baby wouldn't have a face or hands - turns out it has both. Also, I've been worried that baby had a tail but yet again it turns out baby has no tail. The Sonographer said no babies are born with tails which I just plain don't believe but at least this baby doesn't have a tail. Lastly and perhaps my greatest concern has been that baby is a hermaphrodite. Don't ask me why I think this I really don't have any particular reason. I realize that the thought is completely unfounded and a little bit ridiculous but let's be honest it happens. Well, I asked the Sonographer if she could tell if it's a hermaphrodite and she said she couldn't tell. Guess we are just going to have to wait 4 more months to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment