Here is the before.
This was the third wall we conquered and was definitely our worst. We had a window to contend with, which took Matt the better part of a day to finish.

It was pretty amazing what a transformation it was to add some caulk and paint to the wainscoting. The next challenge we faced was adding the chair rail, which we mistakenly thought would be the easier part of the whole project. Part of the problem was that I refused to buy Matt a chop saw so he had to use an adjustable table saw to cut the proper angle. As you can imagine, this was more difficult than previously expected. The corner in the picture was by far the worst. I stopped counting how many times Matt walked up and down the stairs between the nursery and the basement trying to get the cut just right. If I had to guess it was somewhere around 20 times!
It was pretty amazing what a transformation it was to add some caulk and paint to the wainscoting. The next challenge we faced was adding the chair rail, which we mistakenly thought would be the easier part of the whole project. Part of the problem was that I refused to buy Matt a chop saw so he had to use an adjustable table saw to cut the proper angle. As you can imagine, this was more difficult than previously expected. The corner in the picture was by far the worst. I stopped counting how many times Matt walked up and down the stairs between the nursery and the basement trying to get the cut just right. If I had to guess it was somewhere around 20 times!

No comments:
Post a Comment