I had my 37 week appointment today and learned that Baby is HUGE! I'm not just talking a little on the larger size I'm talking HUGE.
The doctor measured my belly and announced that I was measuring 46 weeks. WHAT! Is that even possible? I find it really hard to believe that I look 6 weeks overdue. I mean what does 6 weeks overdue even look like? She said she was concerned that there might be too much amniotic fluid around the baby since I was measuring so big so she did an ultrasound. The amniotic fluid levels were fine but Baby is ginormous. The doctor estimated Baby to weigh over 8 lbs right now. WHAT! She did say that the margin of error is +/- 2 lbs, which in baby terms is quite a lot. Baby's new adjusted ultrasound age is now 39 weeks, which apparently makes Baby within the "normal" range just on the high end.
As any normal person would react after hearing all of this news I asked "so, what does this all mean?" The doctor said "you better start preparing yourself for a larger than average baby." WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment