I picked Bonnie up from school one day and on her daily report sheet it said that all the kids had gone outside to look for ladybugs, that they had seen an ant and wondered where it was going, and that they had looked for monkeys. I laughed when I read it because I've never heard of monkeys in downtown Denver before but I thought it sounds like fun trying to find them! The next morning when I dropped her off her teacher told me that the reason she had put the bit about monkeys on Bonnie's sheet was because Bonnie had an imaginary monkey friend at school. Apparently the monkey lives on the playground and when Bonnie goes outside she runs over to the same spot everyday and talks to her monkey friend. I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry when she told me. That afternoon I asked Bonnie if she played with her monkey which she enthusiastically said "yea!" so I guess she's having a good time with the monkey. After Matt and I thought about it she has really been into monkeys lately and she's been asking for bananas non-stop so I guess it all makes sense! Honestly, its pretty darn cute. Lets just hope it's a sign of creativity!

No comments:
Post a Comment