Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

August 28, 2014

37 Weeks

As of Tuesday, Baby is officially full term! We had an appointment yesterday with my doctor to check on how things are progressing. My blood pressure was a little high but still doesn't seem to be anything to worry about yet. The interesting news from the appointment is that Baby is laying sideways, also known as transverse. This might explain why its been getting really uncomfortable lately! The doctor did an ultrasound to confirm her position and it looked like there was no indication that she would be getting into a head down position anytime soon. On top of that, I'm measuring 40 weeks, so it looks like another big baby. Her heart rate was good at 155 bpm so I guess she's OK with being a little bit squished. There still remained some hope prior to yesterday that this baby might make her way out without a c-section, but I think all hopes of that are done. According to what I've read online, it is impossible for a baby to be born naturally when its in a transverse position. And we thought this baby was going to be cooperative. The c-section is scheduled for September 12th at 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment