Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

September 27, 2009

Boulder Tea House

This afternoon I went out with some ladies from the office to the Boulder Tea House. I've wanted to check it out for awhile now so I was excited that they asked me to come along. The Teahouse was built to celebrate the establishment of sister city ties between Boulder and several cities in Tajikistan. From 1987 -1990, more than 40 artisans in several cities of Tajikistan created the decorative elements our Teahouse, including its hand-carved and hand-painted ceiling, tables, stools, columns, and exterior ceramic panels. It is truly a site to see!

This is the front of the building.


The inside.


This is the Fountain of the Seven Beauties. "The Seven Beauties" is the 4th poem of Nizami Ganjavi's Khamsa, which means "Five Treasuries." The works were completed in 1197 AD and chronicle the adventure of Shah Bahram Goirr, son of Yargourd the 1st from the Sasanids dynasty. Nizami uses the well documented events to explore the themes of social justice, morality, and appreciation of nature.

The ceiling.

We had afternoon tea which consisted of individual tea pots which tea of our choice (I got Lady Grey Garden tea which was super yummy) and a variety of sweet and savory pastries, scones, artichoke purses, cucumber sandwiches and sweet cakes. It was a really great time and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment