Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

September 15, 2009

First Days As A Federal Employee

I'm officially a federal employee! My first day was yesterday and it was a LONG day. I was given a stack of what felt like 100 documents to sign, an employee manual that weighs about 10 pounds, and a laptop. I even got sworn into federal service at which time I agreed to "support and defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic" - what did I get myself into?!?

This is a picture of my building (tall glass one on the left) and Matt's building (shorter brown one with the vertical windows on the right). There is a parking deck between the two buildings so it makes for an easy and fast walk to work for both of us, which will be lovely in winter.


Floor 11 - US Dept of Labor!

My cube which on October 15th will become an office with a window when we move to the 22nd floor.

View from the cube behind me - notice the mountain views. I almost got a cube with a view but lost a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to another new hire...bummer.
View of Denver from our parking deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment