Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

May 15, 2009

The First 5 Miles

Yesterday we went on our first "real" bike ride. We bought bikes last month but have been too busy or the weather too lousy to go for a ride. There are a ton of bike paths around here and we have been out 2 times on one close to us. I decided to leave my internship a little early yesterday (don't tell anyone that though!) so we went for a ride on the street like real Coloradoans.

The ride was a little extreme at first and I think we were both feeling like we should quit (especially half way up a ginormous hill) but we kept going and it ended up being a great time! We've already scouted out a 7 mile and a 11 mile route, but those are going to have to wait awhile since both are quite hilly.

Matt has been enjoying his time off from school. He's been enthralled -full time- in Harry Potter for the past few days. His goal is to finish all of them before he starts his bar exam review classes on June 1st. It makes finishing up my last papers hard when I watch him doing nothing all day.

Tomorrow we are going to DU for the Phi Alpha Honor Society (National Social Work Honor Society) induction ceremony. I'm the treasurer so I have to be there. My main task is to read out all the inductees' names, which I have a feeling is going to be rough and who knows how many people I will offend with my awful pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment