Friday morning we hit the beach early to get some time in before the sun got too extreme. Not even 30 minutes after we got there and only seconds after getting out of the water I heard Matt say the last thing you want to hear at the beach "What's that big grey thing in the water?" After the initial fight or flight (flight in this case) wore off we had a chance to actually look at the big grey thing in the water and it turned out to be a Monk seal - two to be accurate. We ended up naming them Bertha (Bert) and Ernie.
They were apparently fighting over the perfect spot on the beach - I think because we were close by. It took 3 times but they ended up finding the perfect place and all 4 of us enjoyed a wonderful morning at the beach.
Hmmm... Honestly I don't really blame them with so many military bases all over the island it kind of felt like an occupation.
On Friday to escape the blistering heat we drove to Pali Lookout northeast of Honolulu.
Our 1st anniversary was on Saturday. We didn't actually do a whole lot besides moving from the pool to the beach and back to the pool. It was a truly relaxing day. We had dinner at a little restaurant with an outdoor patio overlooking the ocean. I had Macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi and Matt had Cajun Spearfish. We even treated ourselves to Macadamia Coconut Creme Pie...yummy!

No comments:
Post a Comment