This week has been an unexpected whirlwind. On Monday Matt's dad sent us an email with several links to foreclosed homes in Colorado. We never really seriously thought about buying a home within the next year or two because we just didn't think it would be possible. As I was looking through the different links it really started to look like we might be able to buy a house when our lease is up here (Nov. 1). Being that I have a horrible time waiting I immediately (literally) called a RE/MAX agent. I really didn't even know what I was going to say other than "I just want to know if it is even possible that we could buy a house." Of course she told me to contact a mortgage broker and then set up an appointment to take us out looking at houses. Honestly we really did not expect to get approved for a loan but low and behold we did! So, today we met with the real estate agent and went looking for houses to buy. We saw a lot of houses that were nice and far better than what we have now but just didn't feel right so we're going to continue the search. Hopefully we can find something in time to be eligible for the $8000 tax credit.
Although we've watched a good amount of house shows on HGTV over the last few years, when it came down to it we felt like we had no idea what we were doing. Luckily we have a general idea of what we like and don't like and have even made a list (thanks to my OCD) of what our minimum requirements are. In the area we are looking, Brighton, there are plenty of houses that meet our price range and specifications so now it comes down to hitting the pavement and attempting to not look like a deer in the headlights.
No comments:
Post a Comment