Brought with it a job offer!! For my dream job with the Federal government too! After the interview I had the Friday before we left for Hawaii I was told it would be a couple of weeks before I heard one way or the other so you can imagine my surprise when on Monday I got a call from my future boss. I can't really tell you the whole conversation because honestly I stopped paying attention after I heard "We'd like to hire you". It was also hard to concentrate with Matt jumping all around in the background! The next steps are to start the paperwork red tape and hopefully I will be starting in the next few weeks.
The job is as an Equal Opportunity Specialist and it will be my job to investigate complaints of employment discrimination among government contracted employers. My position is within the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), a division of the Department of Labor (DOL). The Denver OFCCP office takes and investigates complaints among 13 states ranging as far north as Montana and as far south as Texas. Travelling will be required but it all depends on the complaints received. I was told that on average I can expect to be travelling once every 3 months for a week at a time.
I've been teasing Matt that now I'm a federal employee he better behave himself because it'll only take one call for him to be arrested as a terrorist! Maybe I'll get to learn the secrets behind Area 51 and who really shot Kennedy - doubtful though.

No comments:
Post a Comment